Wednesday, April 28, 2010

The Batman


My first exposure to Batman in the movies wasn't in 1989 when Warner's released the Tim Burton blockbuster. It was in the late 60's when Columbia pictures re-released the 13 part Batman serial to tie-in to the Batman craze sweeping the country. The serial was shown over two days (or two weekends I don't recall) and I got in trouble for something and was not allowed to go see the the second days installments. Later on the films were released to 8mm and Super 8 home movies and I was able to see how it turned out.

2 comments:

Ed Catto said...

Such great memories - we watched those Super 8 versions over and over!

Mike Fitzpatrick said...

Hey Joe!!
The Batman serial ran over two weekends
at the Marine. I must have been behaving because I saw both installments!!!

Michael
P.S. Great site!! Great memories!!