Sunday, May 16, 2010

365+ movies in 365 days: Day 15 - Take The Money And Run


Tonight I watched Woody Allen's Take The Money And Run. I am a huge Woody Allen fan and I owe it to this movie. I saw this in the theatre when I was 9 years old. I thought it was the funniest thing I had ever seen. Certain jokes stayed with me for years afterwards "put $50,000 dollars in this bag and abt natural, I am pointing a gub at you".

The film is one of the first pseudo-documentary type comedy films and it is almost non-stop jokes. The humor ranges from slapstick to satire. Woody Allen starred, co-wrote the script and for the first time directed himself. He plays Virgil Starkwell, a born loser, who attempts to lead a life of crime, not very successfully.
At The Movie House rating ****stars

No comments: