Sunday, May 9, 2010

365+ movies in 365 days: Day 9 - The Blind Side

For Mother's Day we screened The Blind Side. This was my second viewing of the film and one test I have for a good movie is if it holds up to repeated viewings. Some movies like Moulin Rouge or last year's Star Trek I wanted to see again immediately after the first viewing because I found them so enjoyable. Other movies I see a second time and I wonder why I liked it in the first place.

The movie still has an emotional impact and there is no denying the uplifting feeling you get when you watch the film. But on the second viewing its flaws stood out more. The "forced" conflict, the fact that the Sandra Bullock character really does not change much through out the film even though her character states that she does. That the actor playing Michael Oher is very good, but he is required to mostly react to what others do. Despite all this it is still a feel good film and Sandra Bullock as Leigh Anne Touhy is a momma you don't want to mess with. **1/2 stars.

No comments: